Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blogging Isn't As Easy As I Thought (Japanese Gardens!)

Getting things all lined up and what not is harder than I thought it would be, and even just sitting down and typing out the post is more exhausting than I expected! I love it though, I really do.
Anyhow, on with the post, outfit links after the jump!
There are these beautiful Japanese gardens a couple of hours away from where I live, and on the last Saturday of September every year they have a Cherry Blossom Festival. I hadn't been since I was a little girl, because my family moved away from here when I was 10, and it took me 9 years to get it together and move back, which I eventually did because The Boy and his family live here and I knew he was THE boy for me.
So a couple of friends invited us to go with them this year, and off we went. It was beyond gorgeous, but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.


Dress AU 26.44  GBP 16  ; Necklace AU 21.48  GBP  13






I loved the little Koi! We bought a bag of special fish food (which looked and smelt like cat food to me, but whatever) and fed them from a bridge. It was so cute watching them gaping and cavorting around trying to get the food.








________________________________________________________________________________
<3<3<3 I love that I got a picture with The Boy, we don't have many pictures of us together AT ALL because we are always the ones behind the camera!

The DRESS! I love this dress, I adore this dress, I think it is the cutest dress in the world. It is the Waist Detail Floral Dress by ASOS. I can't believe I didn't think to get a shot of the back of it, because it has the cutest cut out, with buttons at the back of the neck. It is so much nicer than I was expecting from the website. It is a nice thick fabric, lightweight and cool but still substantial, so it doesn't feel cheap at all. You can't see my black undies underneath, so that is a definite plus for a summer dress, and it made me look infinitely more busty than I actually am. Which is a huge plus for me, but when my friend (who IS more blessed in the chest than most) tried it on she found it didn't make hers look any bigger, because she was actually filling out the pleats. So if you're smaller, it looks awesome, if you're bigger, it still looks awesome! (because said friend couldn't leave the house if her ladies looked any bigger.)

*ahem* MOVING ON.
I wore it with the bangle and necklace from my previous post, with some flat brown thrifted sandals and a gorgeous pair of earrings from (is it ever anywhere else lately?) ASOS.
ASOS Heart Shaped Floral Cameo Stud Earrings AU 5.78  GBP 3.50
 These might be the prettiest stud earrings I own. Seriously. They are so adorable and make me think of grandma treasures. Considering my style has been christened Granny Chic, they're perfect.

When my mother first visited my house (she lives in another state) I told her I was going for a "Grandmas house in the woods" type thing, and she said "Oh, yes. I can see THAT." in a tone that said I was stating the obvious. Which made me feel my work there was done. It may not be for everyone, but it is a style I adore. Kitsch is everything.

Well, my work here is done also. I need to take pictures of all my new things!

________________________________________________________________________________
A sneaky peek at some things to come...

________________________________________________________________________________
With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment